Priorities for the Deputy Secretary General
I. Comprehensive review of WCO’s strategic plan to enhance effectiveness & accountability.
- Ensure policy coherence.
- Pragmatic, sustainable and results-oriented approach.
- Clear and achievable deliverables.
II. Demonstrate leadership & world class governance in the management of the Secretariat.
- Develop sense of pride and ownership.
III. Promote leadership communication with staff.
- Drive staff alignment and engagement.
IV. Bring the WCO closer to the Members & encourage their engagement.
- Improve communication and reachout.
- Improve documents and resources’ database.
V. Effectively assist & advise the Secretary General in all duties, functions & responsibilities.